This meal takes a little longer than the last two posted but it is super simple, most of the time is just in the roasting of the Butternut Squash. My husband raved about this one but I wanted to give two options since the Zucchini pasta takes a specialty machine to make (I bought mine from Amazon View Here). These are two options but either way you will feel like you are eating at a gourmet restaurant for less than a bologna and cheese sandwich with chips and a soda. Believe it or not most of us have the basic ingredients in our pantry now.
Zucchini 3lbs $5.37 1Lb Spaghetti $1.29
Butternut Squash $2.49 1lb Italian Sausage $3.99
½ small loaf bread $1.00 Butternut Squash $2.49
………………………………… ½ small loaf of bread $1.00
Butter, Milk, Parmesan Cheese, Garlic, Basil, Oregano and Sage
- Defrost Squash. Preheat Oven to 425. Coat Squash with Olive Oil and spread out on a baking sheet. Bake 30-40 Minutes (until soft).
- Cut Zucchini into noodle size strips or put water on to boil, add spaghetti and cook 10-12 minutes.
- Take Butternut Squash out of the oven and put in blender or food processor.
- Butter bread, sprinkle with garlic and place in hot oven until brown (about 5 minutes).
- Add to Roasted Squash; 1C Milk, ¼ C water, ½ t Oregano, ½ t Sage, Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Blend until smooth (Hint: add water to get your favorite sauce consistency).
- *If you are using Italian sausage brown it, drain, return to pan and stir in the Butternut Squash Sauce.
- Heat Olive Oil and brown grated Garlic (2-4 cloves) in a deep skillet, add either Spaghetti or Zucchini noodles and fresh Basil. Toss till coated or until Zucchini is soft.
- Put noodles on plate, spoon Butternut Squash Sauce over them and top with grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve with Garlic Bread.