This meal is perfect for my family. It is SUPER EASY, quick and only involves one dish! I am a big fan of the taste and textures of Mexican style dishes. This kind of meal makes my husband forget, for a moment, that there is not a nice juicy Ribeye steak on his plate. If you are not concerned about calories you can serve with chips and salsa and garnish with guacamole and sour cream. If you want to you can just use a ripe avocado to add some creamy texture to this dish but no matter how you choose to serve it I hope that you find it satisfying and balanced between healthy and tasty.
1 Cup Uncooked Rice
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Cloves of Minced Garlic
1 Diced Bell Pepper
1 Cup Sweet Corn
1 Cup drained and rinsed Black Beans
3/4 Cup Mild enchilada sauce
1/2 Cup mild green enchilada sauce
1/2 tsp Chili Powder
1/4 tsp Cumin
1/4 tsp Oregano
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Cup Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
2 Tbs fresh chopped Cilantro
1. Cook rice according to package directions and set aside.
2. Heat Olive Oil in skillet, add Garlic, Bell Pepper, and Onion. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, 2-3 minutes.
3. Stir in Rice, Corn, Black Beans, Enchilada sauces, Chili powder, Cumin, and Oregano. Heat thoroughly and add Salt and Pepper to taste.
4. Remove from heat and top with Cheese. Cover and allow cheese to melt.
5. Serve immediately. Garnish with your choice combination of Cilantro, Avocado, Guacamole and Sour Cream.
CREDIT TO: http://damndelicious.net/2014/09/17/cheesy-enchilada-rice-skillet/